Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A little bit of deja vu

I'm back in Wellington now after about a month on the south island. I'm in the same hostel I was in just before I left Wellington and last night I was in the same hostel I stayed at in Picton when I had first arrived on the south island. Since then I've put in hours and hour on buses, been to Picton, Nelson, Fox Glacier, Queenstown, Stuart Island, Invercargill, Dunedin, Otago Peninsula, Banks Peninsula and Christchurch. I've been to the north the south the east and the west of the south island; saw the Tasman sea, the Pacific Ocean (on the wrong shore), Foveaux Strait and Cook Strait. Saw mountains, beaches, rain forests, plains and glaciers...and I'm not done yet folks.
I'm planning to spend the rest of my time in the north island. What I've been told is that it is a little less wild and far more populated. We'll see what it actually is like...
I haven't got a really clear plan yet, so I'm going to spend a bit of time pricing out places and transportation before i decide were I'm going and what I'm doing there. I'll try to keep you all posted when I figure it out.

No comments: